Monday, February 13, 2017

A New Crafting Adventure - Felted Merino Scarfs

A couple of years ago my pal Judy showed me her collection of felted scarfs. Each one was a pretty and unique piece of wearable art. She described the process and asked if I'd like to try making one. At the time I jumped at the idea of learning a new craft but had to put it off until last month. We worked on the first one together. The stripes made me happy and the colours looked so pretty together, it had such promise.  Until after all the work the purple turned out to be the wrong type of wool and did not felt. Lesson learned.


Scarf number 2 turned out great it's very light and soft. I really enjoy wearing it. With a width of ten inches it can be used as a light wrap too.



Scarf number 3 is identical on both sides, thicker and only six inches wide. This one with it's darker tones is for my son,

The colour combinations are endless and I'm already planning another project.
Have a creative day!
Jutta

No comments:

Post a Comment

TJ Goddess Art Journal Completed

Welcome to the final installment of this journal. It has been made with many gifted or found papers and bits of stash. It celebrates the con...