Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Cozy Slippers

Hello it's another day and another project post. I've been busy knitting slippers for my clan. It's been awhile since I held a pair of needles but I think I've got the hang of things again.

I thank my mom for teaching me how to knit. When I was nine she gave me a ball of yarn and needles to celebrate St. Nicolas on Dec. 6th. :)



These are fun to make as they work up fast and are a great way to use up partial balls of yarn.
Cast on 27 stitches, knit 1st row.
2nd row -knit 8, pearl 1, knit 8, pearl 1, knit to end of row.
Repeat until piece measures 4 inches.
Decrease 1 at the beginning and end of next 2 rows.
Continue knitting until desired length.
Knit 2 together for final row then pull a 10 - 12 inch length of thread through remaining stitches as you remove them from needles.

Use thread to pull front of slipper together and stitch front up to where you decreased.
Sew up back and your done.

Thanks for your visit!
Jutta

No comments:

Post a Comment

TJ Goddess Art Journal Completed

Welcome to the final installment of this journal. It has been made with many gifted or found papers and bits of stash. It celebrates the con...